Oven Baked Potato Chips with Olive Oil and Sea Salt (recipe HERE)
Celery Soup (recipe found HERE)
- Grind 1lb of peanuts (roasted, unsalted) and flax seeds (optional) in food processor till smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cost: $1.58 for 1lb of peanuts (yields >2c. peanut butter)
- Cost of store bought: $4.46
- Savings of $2.88
Pumpkin Butter recipe found HERE.
- Cost of home made pumpkin butter: $2.00 (if you have spices/sugar on hand)
- Cost of store bought: $4.50 (assuming you can find it in the store)
- Savings of $2.50
Chocolate Peanut Butter:
- Follow recipe for peanut butter.
- Add 1 TB of cocoa powder per cup of peanut butter.
- Add 2TB of chocolate chips.
- Blend until smooth.
- Cost: A little more than $1.60
- Cost of store bought: $7.00
- Savings of $5.40
1/3 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
1/2 cup vanilla sugar + 1/2 cup regular sugar (if you don’t have vanilla sugar, just add 1/2 tsp vanilla to the recipe)
1.25 cups water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat, stirring to keep the syrup from burning. Let the mixture cook together until it’s starting to coat the spoon (about 10 minutes) and remove from heat.
- Store in a heat proof container in the fridge.
- Heat syrup (2TB/cup) with coffee or milk before mixing into coffee.
- Cost of Pumpkin Spice Syrup: $2.00 (makes approx. 2 cups)–> $0.12 per serving
- Cost of Pumpkin Spice Latte: $4.50
- Savings of $4.38 per cup!
Enjoy the fall savings!