These are probably the most simple doggie treats to make. Flour, cornmeal, eggs, broth and oil- that’s it. Silas had a buddy over to play today- so I thought I’d whip up a batch of treats for them both.
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 2 c. whole wheat flour (AP is fine)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 c. chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- 3 TBSP canola or vegetable oil
- Blend cornmeal and flour together in a food processor
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, broth and oil.
- Turn on food processor, add wet ingredients to dry. Process until dough comes together.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a cookie sheet.
- Transfer dough to cookie sheet and roll out the dough until most of the pan is covered.
- Cut treats into desired shapes (we used a knife to score our treats into square shapes, I added a hole in the center of each treat so they’d look pretty).
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
And the best picture of the bunch…