My little brother is visiting us this week during his spring break. Matt just turned 13 and what better way to spend your spring break than hanging with your older sis. Every morning, we plan to eat oatmeal together, PB&J oatmeal for me, Brown Sugar & Maple Syrup oatmeal for him. Matt also has Celiac disease, so when he visits, it is fun for me to bake more than I normally would!
This morning, Matt and I took Silas to the dog park. I kind of forgot to warn Matthew that Silas would sit on him:
After our time at the dog park, I dragged Matthew to the grocery store (2 stores). Am I a terrible sister?
When we got home, we knew the first thing that we wanted to make.
Rainy Day Coffee Cake
(Adapted from Pamela’s Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe)
- 2 c. Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1/4c. Benefiber Powder (love me some fiber, totally optional)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*, spray 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add in eggs, one at a time (mixing well). Add in vanilla.
- Alternate adding in Pamela’s Baking Mix and Yogurt (about 1/4 c. of each at a time, mixing well)
- Combine the filling ingredients.
- Spoon about half of the coffee cake batter into the bottom of your greased 9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle half of the filling mixture onto the cake batter.
- Spoon on the remaining batter, and top with remaining filling mixture