Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderfully relaxing Memorial Day weekend! We had our share of relaxation and food over the weekend in Louisville. On Friday night, we got to see two of our very good friends, Courtney and Jeremy, tie the knot!
We also hung out with some of my family, and took some fun family photos!
I took some fun photos of my lovely sisters. Did you know that my sister, Maggie (far left), has a BLOG?
She’s getting ready to head out to California this summer for an internship at Russ Reid (the company my dad works for!) She’s a pretty cool girl- I should also add that she earned a 4.0GPA during her first year of college. Go Maggie!
We had a great time with Daniel’s family too! I always forget to whip my camera out when we’re hanging out with them, probably because we’re laughing too much! Daniel and I also got in a couple of SWEATY workouts in this weekend, try the BodyRock.tv 600 Rep Fat Burner Challenge– we could only do 300 reps as we decided to do the workout out on the deck… in 90 degree weather. It was hard! Now we’re back home in Lexington, getting ready for the week ahead.
Shower curtains drying in the sun
Pots and Pans hanging in place
Pictures repositioned on the mantle and bookshelves organized
Did I forget to mention that Saturday, May 28th was Silas’ first birthday? Our 1st anniversary was obviously the more meaningful celebration, but Silas’ 1 year birthday is pretty important too. Here are a couple of flashback photos of our little pup.
Silas will be attending his 3rd week of his 6 week long Obedience course tonight. I’m cheap and I won’t spend money on things I can make myself, so I whipped up a new batch of training treats for our pup.
Silas isn’t a fan of the heat!
Crunchy Peanut Butter Dog Crackers
- 1.5 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. rolled oats (use instant or quick cooking)
- 1/4 c. peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 2 TBSP flax seed
- 1 c. water
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix dry ingredients together ( I used a stand mixer, beaters would work as well. Hand mixing would be a great workout!)
- Add in peanut butter and water.
- Mix until dough ball forms and dough pulls away from side of bowl.
- Lightly flour your working surface, roll out dough into a thin sheet (without dough breaking)
- Transfer sheet of dough to an oiled cookie sheet.
- Cut tiny squares with a pizza cutter.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the treats are lightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and allow the treats to cool inside the oven (this will make them crispy!)
- Break apart the treats, and use as rewards for good doggy behavior!
Store excess treats in the freezer!