Baby is the size of a pumpkin! Perfect timing with the fall weather!
I thought that maybe I should be better about getting these recaps out “on time”, who knows when the mini will make her arrival!
- Weight Gain: 11lbs (made up for that little loss last week!) or 16lbs if you count the weight that I lost in the first trimester
- Baby’s Heart Rate: 120’s
- Swelling: Nope
- Rings: If i remember to put them on…
- Sleeping: Just fine! I do get to take a 45-60min nap most days 🙂 Don’t try to reach me around 2 or 3pm…
- Signs of Labor: 1cm dilated and 50% effaced at my appointment on Monday. AND, I actually had 2 hours of irregular contractions (30-45sec contractions, anywhere from 2-5 minutes apart) on Tuesday night! Daniel was headed to Lexington on Wednesday morning for a work conference, and I’m glad I didn’t tell him anything that night because I had trouble sleeping!!! Anyways- that was a one-time thing, but it’s making me more and more excited for real labor to start! I want to meet our baby!
- **Edited to add**: Last night (Thursday) I had about 4 hours of pretty regular contractions- 45 sec contractions, 4.5-5 minutes apart. Not painful, just pressure! And then they just stopped 😦 We’ll see when this baby wants to arrive!
How I’m Feeling
First of all, thank you so much for all of the encouragement on last week’s post. Love you all I’m definitely starting to feel more uncomfortable, especially in the evenings. My lower back has been aching quite a bit- it makes me never want to pick up anything off of the ground ever again. Daniel had to push me off of the couch the other night, it’s just getting harder to do things with a belly in the way! I’m being dramatic, but I suppose it’s neat to be feeling different- change is coming!!! Still walking a lot. I think I only lifted at the gym once this past week!
I’ve been making a lot more time-intensive recipes these past few weeks. We had bibimbap on Monday, homemade potato soup on Tuesday (recipe below, froze half), homemade pork and white bean chili on Thursday and we’re headed out for dinner with friends tonight! I also made a batch of 5 ingredient dog treatsfor Silas!
Easy Potato Soup
8 Russet Potatoes, washed and cubed
2c. diced Onion
1c. diced Carrots (about 2 carrots)
1c. diced Celery (about 3-4 stalks of celery)
Water, Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth
1/2 c. lowfat Sour Cream
- Prep all of your veggies.
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté till veggies start to soften (onions will be clear).
- Add cubed potatoes to veggies, just barely cover the veggies with your water/broth. I used mostly water and maybe 2c. chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer (covered) for about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, use a spoon or potato masher to mash up the veggies until the soup is as chunky or as smooth as you would like.
- Stir in 1/2c. sour cream. Add in milk or half-and-half until desired thinness is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with shredded cheese and a sprinkling of chives!
Look for a nursery poston Monday! Off to enjoy the weekend (who knows, this could be the last one as a family of 2!)
P.S. This is what it looks like when I sit down. I feel like I have a large beach ball sitting on my lap!